When you charge the BMW i3 for free, you benefit!
Charging the electric BMW i3 is easy and free!
You just have to follow these steps:
1. You need the charging card that's kept in the central armrest and the charging cable that's kept in the boot.
2. Hold the charging card in front of the reader on the charging point and plug the cable into the socket.
3. Plug the cable into the car (where the fuel would usually go in a petrol car). A blue light around the socket on the BMW i3 flashes to signify that the car is currently charging.
4. Unplug the cable from the charging point, before unplugging it from the car.
5. Pack the cables in the trunk and drive!
The cockpit display will show you all available charging points under "Special points of interest".
If the battery of the BMW i3 falls below 25%, charge the car at the end of your journey, to earn 20 minutes of free driving as a thank you.