Handshake - stop searching for parking
You no longer need to worry about looking for a parking space! DriveNow cars can be handed over to the next driver at the end of your rental, so you don’t need to look for a parking bay. Find out how Handshake works below.
If you're the current driver:
1. In the DriveNow app, find and reserve your car, enter your destination and select ‘Offer car at destination’ (Handshake).
2. The car screen will notify you as soon as another person has accepted to take over the car at your destination.
3. Once you reach your destination, stop the engine and – if the next driver is there – select Hand Over in the app.
4. Your rental ends once the next driver has selected Take Over in the app and the exchange has been successful.
If you're the next driver:
1. The app will show if a car is available with Handshake and will mark its current location with an arrow icon. Select the car and you’ll be able to see the driver the estimated time of arrival.
2. Reserve the car and the driver' final destination will be marked on the app with a flag. You’ll be able to follow the cars arrival with the moving arrow icon.
3. Found the driver of the car you've reserved? Wait until they’ve selected Hand Over, then choose Take Over in the app. The Handshake is now complete!
4. Jump in and make yourself comfortable. Your rental begins – as usual – as soon as you enter your PIN.
Important: If the next driver does not arrive to receive the car, you’ll need to park the car for free in any residents’ or pay and display bay and end your rental as usual.
Handshake will only be an option if the destination you enter is in the DriveNow Zone.