How to charge a car with DriveNow
It is always free to charge DriveNow cars at E.ON charging stations. Download E.ON's app for iPhone or Android to get an overview of available charging stations in Copenhagen and the surrounding area.
How do I charge the car?
- Find the charging cable in the boot of the car
- Plug the blue end of the cable into the car.
- Gently tap the charging station's top with the other end of the cable and plug in the cable.
- The light around the car's charging socket will turn blue when charging has started.
NOTE: If the E.ON charging station light is red, it is temporarily unavailable and will not charge the car.
I have reserved a car the charges - how do I remove the cable?
To stop charging, remove the charging cable in the following order.
- Unlock the car
- Unplug the cable from the car
- Unplug the cable from the charging station
- Roll up the cable and put it in the boot of the car
Get bonus minutes for charging!
If the battery level in the car goes below 50% and you charge the car, we will transfer bonus minutes to your account.
- 5 bonus minutes if the car's battery is below 50%
- 10 bonus minutes if it is below 30%
- 20 bonus minutes if it is below 15%
NOTE: If the car’s battery is below 5% at the end of your rental, you are required to charge it (if conditions allow this)
* Bonus minutes acquired by charging or refuelling are valid for 90 days. Please note, that bonus minutes can only be acquired and used in the country where you are registered with DriveNow.