Here is everything you need to know about reporting existing damage on a DriveNow car and what you should do in the event of an accident.
Assessing existing damage:
Have you noticed a scratch or dent in the BMW or MINI that you've reserved? The DriveNow app lets you see whether the damage on the car is new or not, and allows you to report the damage if it's new. Just click on "Check Damages" in the app to see which damage has already been reported. You will see a list of all of the damages which have already been reported. You will also be able to get a more detailed view by clicking on “pictures” for you will be able to see exactly where the damage is. Just click on the blue dot where the damage is on the vehicle to get a detailed description about the damage.
By checking the app on your way to the car, you'll have a good idea of what to look for when you reach your vehicle. Once you arrive at the vehicle take a glance at all of the curves from your BMW or MINI and you're ready to drive.
Reporting new damage:
What happens if you notice a new damage to your DriveNow car which hasn't been reported? You can find the free damage hotline number (0800 601 63) in the app by clicking on "Report New Damage". You can always report new scratches by phone – and we'll make a note that you're not responsible for the damage. At the end of the call, simply hang up and off you go!
What to do in the event of an accident in a DriveNow car:
What happens if you've scraped the wheel along the kerb, bumped into another vehicle while parking or was involved in an accident? Depending on the seriousness of the accident, there are statutory regulations that you need to follow, as well as requirements from the insurance company.
- If you've damaged the bodywork, or notice small damage to wheel rims, windows or similar, all you need to do is ring our hotline and we'll make a note of the new damage.
- If the accident is minor and everything is fine with the other driver, complete the accident report located in the glove box and give a copy to the other driver.
- In the event of bigger damage, or if there are other drivers involved, please call the police immediately. You'll find our accident pamphlet in the glove compartment of your DriveNow car. This outlines the most important steps in the case of an accident, but here's a quick summary of what to do:
- Phone the police on 112
- Call DriveNow Customer Service on 0800 601 63 to inform them about the incident
- Fill in the accident report and send it via email (email@example.com) or by post (Esplanade 1, box 57, 1020 Brussels)
- The damage team will take care of the rest and contact you
What does an accident in a DriveNow car cost?
All of our cars are insured with third-party insurance, as well as comprehensive cover and theft protection. Every time you use a DriveNow car, you can pay €1 for the collision damage waiver fee at the beginning of your rental. The collision damage waiver reduces your deductible to €500 (instead of €950) in the event of an accident that you have caused. If you did not cause the accident the other party will be charged for the damages to the vehicle. If the damages are under €500 you will only be charged for the amount of the damages but the maximum you will have to pay is €500.
You've now got everything sorted out – have a safe journey!